Built in 1907, the Club Hotel is the only Hotel in Chinchilla that has not burned down. In 1996, the Hotel expanded its offering to include accommodation on the adjoining block of land. Known as Central Motor Inn, guests travelling to the region were now able to select from 14 well-appointed motel rooms. In 2005, renovations took place to increase this number to 23.
In 2010, the Byrne Family purchased the venue. Following their decade long ownership, Waymark Hotels, a privately-owned Australian hotel and property group, acquired The Club Hotel & Central Motor Inn in early 2020. With the acquisition came a name change, and Central Motor Inn became the Club Motor Inn to better align with the Hotel. Waymark’s corporate heritage has been built over a period of more than 60 years, originating in the Northern Territory and Queensland outbacks. Waymark Hotels has been leading projects that have brought vital infrastructure and amenities to communities since the 1950’s.